Sam Enzer, a partner at the law firm Cahill Gordon & Reindel, told Laura that compelling evidence from Sam Bankman-Fried’s inner circle had increased the difficulty for the fallen FTX CEO to convince a jury of his innocence. Former FTX head engineer Nishad Singh said that he became suicidal after understanding the full magnitude of FTX’s misuse of customer funds, while ex-chief legal counsel Can Sun helped show how SBF allegedly lied to lawyers.
- Sam (Enzer’s) thoughts on how the trial is going for the defense
- what Nishad Singh’s emotional testimony revealed about SBF
- how Singh felt “betrayed” by Bankman-Fried, who may have been a big brother figure to him
- why the defense went much harder after Singh in its defense than it did the other members of the inner circle
- whether the jury felt empathy with Singh about his suicidal feelings
- what the rationale was behind the order of the witnesses
- why Sam believes that the accounting professor Peter Easton’s testimony was “damning” for the defense
- whether the testimony of former FTX general counsel proved that SBF lied to his own lawyers
- why the communications between SBF and his lawyer, which are generally privileged, were divulged in court
- why Sam believes that it’s likely that SBF will testify, although he would advise him not to
Thank you to our sponsors!
- Sam Enzer, partner at Cahill Gordon & Reindel.
- Previous coverage by Unchained on the trial of Sam Bankman-Fried:
- How Heated Sidebars During the SBF Trial Could Impact the Jury’s Decision
- SBF Trial, Day 1: Possible Witnesses Include FTX Insiders, Big Names in Crypto, and SBF’s Family
- SBF Trial, Day 2: DOJ Says Sam Bankman-Fried ‘Lied’ While Defense Claims His Actions Were ‘Reasonable’
- SBF Trial, Day 3: Why a True Believer in FTX Flipped Once He Learned One Fact
- SBF Trial, Day 4: SBF’s Lawyers Annoy Judge Kaplan, While Wang Reveals Alameda’s Special Privileges
- Sam Bankman-Fried Trial: Here’s Everything That Happened So Far
- SBF Trial, Day 5: SBF’s Defense Finally Found Its Legs, But Can It Counter Caroline Ellison?
- SBF Trial, Day 6: Caroline Ellison Recalls ‘The Worst Week of My Life’
- SBF Trial, Day 7: In SBF Trial, Did the Defense Lose Its Opportunity With the Star Witness?
- SBF Trial, Day 8: Former BlockFi CEO Adds Credibility to Fraud Charges
- SBF Trial, Day 9: Nishad Singh Describes Former FTX CEO as a Bully and Big Spender
- SBF Trial, Day 10: Defense Struggles to Discredit Nishad Singh’s Testimony
- SBF Trial, Day 11: How Alameda Got FTX Into a $9 Billion Hole
- Did Sam Bankman-Fried Have Intent to Defraud FTX Investors?
- Good Morning America: FTX’s Sam Bankman-Fried on crypto giant’s collapse: ‘A lot of people got hurt. And that’s on me’