In this episode, Sreeram Kannan, founder of EigenLayer, and Konstantin Lomashuk, cofounder of Lido Finance, discuss the complex world of staking in Ethereum’s post-Shanghai ecosystem.
- how the staking ecosystem in Ethereum looks after the full completion of the Merge
- what EigenLayer is and why it’s called that
- whether EigenLayer’s model is more similar to Polkadot or, actually, to Ethereum Layer 2s
- what the risks of restaking are, for both projects and users
- how Lido is working to keep Ethereum decentralized and censorship-resistant
- what superfluid staking is and whether it could be done on Ethereum
- how EigenLayer incentivizes alignment between the delegator and the stakers
- whether there’s a risk that Lido could become a governance layer for Ethereum
- what can be done to increase staking services adoption
Thank you to our sponsors!Crypto.com
Previous coverage of Unchained on Ethereum staking:
- Shapella in the Rearview: After Major Upgrade, What’s Next for Ethereum?
- How Will ETH React to Ethereum’s Shanghai Upgrade?
- Post-Merge, If Lido Becomes Dominant, What Does That Mean for Ethereum?
- In the Recent Crypto Market Meltdown, What Role Did Lido’s stETH Play?
- Is ETH on Its Way to Becoming Ultra-Sound Money? Yes, Says Justin Drake
- How Liquid Staking Works
- A Guide to Ethereum’s Shanghai Upgrade
- How to Stake Ethereum With Liquid Staking