Longtime crypto reporter Brady Dale has beat Michael Lewis to market with the first book on the dramatic collapse of FTX. In stores today, “SBF: How the FTX Bankruptcy Unwound Crypto’s Very Bad Good Guy,” tells the tale of the outsized role that Sam Bankman-Fried played in the FTX-Alameda death spiral. Drawing on years of reporting and interviews with SBF himself, the book charts the rise and fall of the one-time crypto wunderkind. “It became clear to me that Sam got really addicted to fame,” said Dale.
- Brady’s background and how he came to cover crypto
- how covering the space for a crypto outlet is different from a more mainstream publication
- how Brady was able to finalize his book so fast
- what Brady’s favorite parts of the book are
- who was really responsible for the collapse of the FTX empire
- whether Sam Bankman-Fried will plead guilty
- whether FTX will make a comeback
- how SBF thinks differently from other people, and how it led to his downfall
- why Brady thinks the “dot-com bust” for crypto has yet to arrive
- whether crypto has betrayed its cypherpunk ideals
Thank you to our sponsors!
- Brady Dale, writer and reporter at Axios, and author of “SBF: How the FTX Bankruptcy Unwound Crypto’s Very Bad Good Guy”
Previous coverage of Unchained on Sam Bankman-Fried and FTX:
- The Chopping Block: Was FTX a Scam From the Very Beginning?
- How Much Prison Time Is FTX’s Sam Bankman-Fried Facing?
- Why the Legal Process for FTX and Sam Bankman-Fried Could Take Years
- The Chopping Block: SBF Wants to Win in the Court of Public Opinion. Will He?
- Jesse Powell and Kevin Zhou on How FTX and Alameda Lost $10 Billion
- Is the Collapse of Crypto Lending Over, or Is It Just Starting?
- Did the Bahamian Government Direct SBF and Gary Wang to Hack FTX?
- The Chopping Block: Why Lenders Didn’t Liquidate Alameda When It Was Underwater
- Erik Voorhees and Cobie on Why FTX Loaned Out Customers’ Assets
- The Chopping Block: FTX: The Biggest Collapse in the History of Crypto?
- Sam Bankman-Fried on How to Prevent the Next Terra and 3AC