Ari Redbord, head of legal and government affairs at TRM Labs, discusses all the charges that Sam Bankman-Fried is facing and their potential outcomes.
- the charges against SBF and why the criminal indictment is the most important
- whether SBF testifying in Congress would have complicated the DOJ’s criminal case against him
- why it is complicated to state how much prison time Sam is facing
- the ways in which Bankman-Fried can reduce his sentence by cooperating with authorities
- why it’s so unprecedented that the indictment came only one month after the collapse of FTX
- whether other senior FTX executives are providing prosecutors with information to reduce their charges
- the reasons why SBF is being held in The Bahamas and the likelihood of him being extradited
- how much the case will be delayed if SBF’s lawyers fight the extradition
- Ari’s thoughts on whether this case will go to trial
Unchained is doing its annual survey. Tell us how you think we’re doing and how we could improve, whether it be on the podcast, in the newsletter, or in our premium offering. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts!
Thank you to our sponsors!Crypto.com
- Previous appearances on Unchained:
- CFTC and SEC File Damning Complaints Against Sam Bankman-Fried and FTX
- SBF Denied Bail in The Bahamas, Will Remain in Fox Hill Prison
- Former FTX CEO Sam Bankman-Fried Arrested Amid US Indictment
- Bahamas Asked SBF to Mint Hundreds of Millions of Dollars’ Worth of New Tokens After Collapse, Say FTX Liquidators
- SBF Directed $8B Alameda Liabilities to an FTX Account He Called ‘Weird Korean,’ Says CFTC
- Fortune: Sam Bankman-Fried indicted on multiple conspiracy and fraud charges by U.S. officials
- The Enron Trial: A Chronology
- Previous coverage of Unchained on Sam Bankman-Fried and FTX:
- Why the Legal Process for FTX and Sam Bankman-Fried Could Take Years
- The Chopping Block: SBF Wants to Win in the Court of Public Opinion. Will He?
- Jesse Powell and Kevin Zhou on How FTX and Alameda Lost $10 Billion
- Is the Collapse of Crypto Lending Over, or Is It Just Starting?
- Did the Bahamian Government Direct SBF and Gary Wang to Hack FTX?
- The Chopping Block: Why Lenders Didn’t Liquidate Alameda When It Was Underwater
- Erik Voorhees and Cobie on Why FTX Loaned Out Customers’ Assets
- The Chopping Block: FTX: The Biggest Collapse in the History of Crypto?
- Sam Bankman-Fried on How to Prevent the Next Terra and 3AC