Welcome to The Chopping Block! Crypto insiders Haseeb Qureshi, Robert Leshner, Tom Schmidt, and Tarun Chitra chop it up about the latest news.
- highlights of Sam Bankman-Fried’s interview with the New York Times
- whether SBF knew what was going on in his companies, and how that impacts potential prosecution
- why Genesis and DCG are in financial trouble
- whether Genesis will file for bankruptcy or go through a restructuring process
- revelations from BlockFi’s bankruptcy filing
- new info on why FTX bailed out BlockFi last summer
- what is going on with Binance’s recovery fund
- how Avi Eisenberg tried to pull off an attack on Aave
- how the banking industry works and whether Changpeng Zhao is the closest thing to a central bank in crypto
- how DeFi responds in a crisis, and how it contrasts with CeFi’s recent implosions
- Haseeb Qureshi, managing partner at Dragonfly Capital
- Tarun Chitra, managing partner at Robot Ventures
- Robert Leshner, founder of Compound
- Tom Schmidt, general partner at Dragonfly Capital
- Unchained: FTX Bankruptcy Overseer Says Company’s Collapse Is Worst He’s Ever Seen
- NYT: Sam Bankman-Fried’s interview
- Bill Ackman’s tweet
- Interview with Tiffany Fong
- Previous coverage of Unchained on FTX:
- Jesse Powell and Kevin Zhou on How FTX and Alameda Lost $10 Billion
- Is the Collapse of Crypto Lending Over, or Is It Just Starting?
- Did the Bahamian Government Direct SBF and Gary Wang to Hack FTX?
- The Chopping Block: Why Lenders Didn’t Liquidate Alameda When It Was Underwater
- Erik Voorhees and Cobie on Why FTX Loaned Out Customers’ Assets
- The Chopping Block: FTX: The Biggest Collapse in the History of Crypto?
- Sam Bankman-Fried on How to Prevent the Next Terra and 3AC
- Unchained: Crypto Lender BlockFi Files for Bankruptcy as FTX’s Contagion Effects Continue
- Decrypt: FTX, Alameda Owe BlockFi More Than $1 Billion: Court Hearing
- Ryan Selkis’ tweet on Genesis
- WSJ: Crypto Lender Genesis Asks Binance and Apollo for Cash
- Decrypt: Digital Currency Group Says No Imminent Threat Despite Owing Genesis $575M
- Previous coverage of Unchained on Genesis: