Welcome to The Chopping Block! Crypto insiders Haseeb Qureshi, Robert Leshner, and Tarun Chitra were joined by Laura Shin to chop it up about the latest news. Show topics:
- the details of the SEC and CFTC complaints
- how crypto traders have always speculated about Alameda’s preferential treatment
- whether many people knew about the mismanagement of funds and alleged fraud
- why Haseeb thinks SBF was a “f*cking psycho”
- how helpful Tarun believes a testimony from Sam Trabucco, former co-CEO of Alameda, would be
- why Alameda and FTX lost billions of dollars, and the poor diligence of SBF’s venture investments
- Sam’s “ineffective altruism”
- why a bull market wouldn’t have solved the insolvency problems of FTX
- whether SBF will fight extradition and how long it would take
- how Sam’s consistent use of Facebook and his anti-Maker stand shows he was not a crypto-native
- why Laura thinks that The Block CEO’s undisclosed loans represent a “total betrayal”
- Robert’s take on the ineffectiveness of the government’s control of information
- why Binance is under scrutiny and whether it’s the “next FTX”
- Haseeb Qureshi, managing partner at Dragonfly Capital
- Tarun Chitra, managing partner at Robot Ventures
- Robert Leshner, founder of Compound
- Laura Shin, author, host of Unchained
- CFTC and SEC File Damning Complaints Against Sam Bankman-Fried and FTX
- SBF Denied Bail in The Bahamas, Will Remain in Fox Hill Prison
- Former FTX CEO Sam Bankman-Fried Arrested Amid US Indictment
- Bahamas Asked SBF to Mint Hundreds of Millions of Dollars’ Worth of New Tokens After Collapse, Say FTX Liquidators
- SBF Directed $8B Alameda Liabilities to an FTX Account He Called ‘Weird Korean,’ Says CFTC
- Forbes: Despite Boasting Of Big Profits, FTX And Alameda Lost $3.7 Billion Before 2022
- Fortune: Sam Bankman-Fried indicted on multiple conspiracy and fraud charges by U.S. officials
- Previous coverage of Unchained on Sam Bankman-Fried and FTX:
- How Much Prison Time Is FTX’s Sam Bankman-Fried Facing?
- Why the Legal Process for FTX and Sam Bankman-Fried Could Take Years
- The Chopping Block: SBF Wants to Win in the Court of Public Opinion. Will He?
- Jesse Powell and Kevin Zhou on How FTX and Alameda Lost $10 Billion
- Is the Collapse of Crypto Lending Over, or Is It Just Starting?
- Did the Bahamian Government Direct SBF and Gary Wang to Hack FTX?
- The Chopping Block: Why Lenders Didn’t Liquidate Alameda When It Was Underwater
- Erik Voorhees and Cobie on Why FTX Loaned Out Customers’ Assets
- The Chopping Block: FTX: The Biggest Collapse in the History of Crypto?
- Sam Bankman-Fried on How to Prevent the Next Terra and 3AC
- Unchained: Binance Passes Withdrawal ‘Stress Test’ After $3B in Daily Outflows
- Forbes: Kevin O’Leary Points Finger At Binance For FTX Crash In Senate Testimony