In this weekly recap, we cover:
- Sam Bankman-Fried’s escalating legal troubles as the U.S. Department of Justice takes multiple actions against the former FTX CEO. The DOJ attorney questioned the adequacy of Bankman-Fried’s “advice-of-counsel” defense strategy.
- Binance’s contemplation of a full exit from the Russian market, following the delisting of five sanctioned Russian banks. A spokesperson stated, “all options are on the table.”
- Celsius Network’s ongoing legal challenges, as U.S. Bankruptcy Judge Martin Glenn avoids classifying the CEL token as a security.
- Uniswap’s legal victory, with U.S. District Judge Katherine Polk Failla dismissing a class-action lawsuit against the decentralized exchange.
- The U.S. Treasury and IRS unveiling new crypto tax rules, stirring industry debates. Kristin Smith, CEO of the Blockchain Association, warned that these rules must be “tailored accordingly.”
- The DEA falling victim to a $55,000 crypto scam.
- BitBoy Crypto’s separation from Ben Armstrong amid allegations.
- Security breaches in the DeFi space, as PEPE Coin and Balancer face significant losses.