In this weekly recap, we cover:
- Lawmakers clash with crypto community over Wall Street Journal’s disputed terrorism funding report, sparking calls for tighter regulations.
- Bitcoin price surges to $35,150 amid growing optimism for spot Bitcoin ETF approval, while Ark Invest offloads crypto assets.
- Antoine Riard exits Bitcoin’s Lightning Network, citing major security vulnerabilities and sparking debate on network safety.
- FTX in advanced talks with multiple bidders for a potential restart, nearly a year after filing for bankruptcy.
- BlockFi begins asset distribution to customers after emerging from bankruptcy, signaling a new chapter for the crypto lender.
- Coinbase files latest brief against SEC, challenging the agency’s authority and application of the Howey Test.
- Binance resolves temporary halt in crypto withdrawals, reassuring users that funds are secure.