In this weekly recap, we cover:
- FTX’s chaotic post-bankruptcy, including a $400M heist and SAFU fund discrepancies.
- Voyager’s former CEO, Stephen Ehrlich, hit with CFTC and FTC lawsuits for fraud.
- Binance partners with Israeli authorities to freeze Hamas-linked crypto accounts amid escalating conflict.
- Alameda Research whistleblower reveals $190M loss due to poor security.
- Binance’s $1B Industry Recovery Initiative deploys less than $30M, raising questions.
- State regulators back SEC in its legal tussle with Coinbase.
- BitVM aims to make Bitcoin as programmable as Ethereum, sparking debate.
- USDR Stablecoin loses its peg, falling to $0.51, shaking market confidence.
- Trader Joe’s sues a crypto DEX for brand infringement, adding a quirky twist to the week.