While researching for my book, The Cryptopians: Idealism, Greed, Lies, and the Making of the First Big Cryptocurrency Craze, I found evidence that I believe resolves the biggest whodunnit in crypto: who hacked The DAO? This podcast is coming out in conjunction with an article in Forbes revealing the prime suspect’s identity.
Part 1: Who Attacked the DAO? Here’s the Evidence
To document the process of finding the alleged attacker, I wrote an article for Forbes, with which I opened the podcast. In it, I reveal
- who, evidence indicates, attacked the DAO
- how my sources and I uncovered this person’s identity
- how a previously undisclosed technical capability by Chainalysis helped my sources and I identify the alleged hacker
Part 2: Contextualizing the DAO Attack
Forbes’s Steven Ehrlich comes onto the pod to interview me about finding the DAO attacker. Topics
- what is The DAO, and why is it important?
- who are the key players in The DAO’s story
- how the attacker pulled off the hack
- what legal questions surrounded the hack
- why finding the attacker is important
- the legal implications of identifying the attacker
- what Laura’s interactions have been with the suspect
- what the future of DAOs may hold
Thank you to our sponsors!
Beefy Finance: https://beefy.finance
- On Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Cryptopians-Idealism-Greed-Making-Cryptocurrency/dp/1541763017/ref=tmm_hrd_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=1645037311&sr=8-2
- On Barnes. &. Noble: https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/the-cryptopians-laura-shin/1138980345?ean=9781541763012
- On Bookshop.org: https://bookshop.org/books/the-cryptopians-idealism-greed-lies-and-the-making-of-the-first-big-cryptocurrency-craze/9781541763012
The DAO Hack