Congressman Ro Khanna, a California Democrat, discusses crypto and decentralization, his new book, Dignity in a Digital Age: Making Tech Work for All of Us, and how to regulate the crypto industry. Show highlights:
- what Silicon Valley had to do with Congressman Khanna’s journey down the crypto rabbit hole
- why Congressman Khanna is so passionate about decentralization
- why Congressman Khanna thinks crypto could bring tech jobs across the country and world (rather than staying in hubs like Silicon Valley)
- why Congressman Khanna thinks a new regulatory regime is necessary for crypto assets, like stablecoins
- what Congressman Khanna would like vocal crypto opponents like Congressman Brad Sherman or Senator Elizabeth Warren to know about the crypto space
- Congressman Khanna explains the difference between determining if an asset is a security and regulating an asset
- what Congressman Khanna is doing to bring predictability to crypto regulation
- how regulators could incentivize Bitcoin miners to use less energy
- what Congressman Khanna thinks about know-your-customer/anti-money-laundering mechanisms in the DeFi world
- how Congressman Khanna believes crypto taxes should be treated
- what actions Congressman Khanna recommends for bringing more Democrats to the crypto side
- whether Congressman Khanna thinks crypto is a bipartisan issue
Become a Premium Bulletin Subscriber!
Become a premium subscriber to my Bulletin newsletter, and you’ll get access to:
- a premium-only Discord group
- premium-only interviews
- the opportunity to ask questions
- the chance to weigh in on guests for Unchained
- and whatever other future offerings we add to the mix
Join today for $4.99/mo or $49.99/year!
Get a Signed Book Plate!
Many of you have asked me how you can get a signed copy of the book. Here’s how:
- Pre-order the book, which you can do at bit.ly/cryptopians.
- Make a social media post about the book that includes the pre-order link, bit.ly/cryptoptians, or to the book on any bookseller of your choice.
- Send a copy of your receipt to [email protected] with the subject line, “signed book plate.”
- In the email, include a pdf of your receipt + a screenshot of or a link to your social media post + the address to which you’d like me to send the book plate + the name of who you’d like me to dedicate the book plate to.
If you show a pre-order receipt that shows you bought more than one format of the book, such as an audiobook and a hardcover, you can get two signed book plates.
Finally, if you sign up for the Bulletin premium subscription plus do all the above to get a signed book plate, you’ll also receive a POAP.
Thank you to our sponsors!
Dignity in a Digital Age: Making Tech Work for All of Us
- Questions for Congressman Khanna from Twitter: https://twitter.com/laurashin/status/1491587026344366088
- Congressman Brad Sherman thinks crypto hurts people of color: https://decrypt.co/92776/crypto-race-and-democrats-brad-sherman
- President’s Working Group report on stablecoins: https://www.scribd.com/document/536522482/PWG-Stablecoin-Report
- Congressman Khanna’s attempt to fix the infrastructure bill: https://khanna.house.gov/media/press-releases/khanna-mchenry-lead-bipartisan-legislative-fix-new-digital-asset-reporting
- Website: https://khanna.house.gov/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/RepRoKhanna