Kain Warwick, founder of Synthetix, discusses the launch of the COMP token this week, including:
- why the price of COMP tokens popped
- how this now meant that the governance of the Compound protocol was now in the hands of the community
- whether liquidity mining in DeFi is similar to or different from transaction mining on centralized exchanges
- what the price jump in COMP on day 1 means for a future DeFi bull market
- why Kain believes he is already seeing Bitcoin flowing into alts and DeFi tokens
- what this means for VCs who invested in layer 1 projects
Unchained is hiring!
Check out our job listing for a remote editorial assistant here!
Thank you to our sponsors!
Kain Warwick: https://twitter.com/kaiynne
Tweet storm on what he got wrong about COMP: https://twitter.com/kaiynne/status/1272875213319856129
Governance of Compound now in hands of the community: https://medium.com/compound-finance/compound-community-ownership-ee0ed1252cc3
Tushar Jain’s tweet: https://twitter.com/TusharJain_/status/1272696517258883072
Why Kain thinks COMP popping on its first day is a harbinger of a DeFi bull market: https://twitter.com/kaiynne/status/1272723560260198402?s=20
Deribit on how this can create network effects: https://insights.deribit.com/market-research/supercharging-network-effects-in-crypto/
Tweet storm on the BTC dominance cycle: https://twitter.com/kaiynne/status/1269792683616120833?s=20
Tom Shaughnessy tweet on how there’s no more competition between layer 1s — it’s more about DeFi: https://twitter.com/Shaughnessy119/status/1272373784616542209
Similar thoughts by Spencer Noon: https://twitter.com/spencernoon/status/1273403731586023431?s=20
Links from news recap:https://unchainedpodcast.com/make-5x-on-day-1/