Welcome to The Chopping Block – where crypto insiders Haseeb Qureshi, Tom Schmidt, and Tarun Chitra chop it up about the latest news. In this episode, they are joined by Laura Shin, author, journalist, and host of Unchained, to discuss the drama around the Arbitrum governance’s proposal, the MEV attack on Ethereum, the Shanghai upgrade… and much more!
Listen to the episode on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Overcast, Podcast Addict, Pocket Casts, Stitcher, Castbox, Google Podcasts, TuneIn, Amazon Music, or on your favorite podcast platform.
- what the intentions behind Arbitrum Foundation’s ratification poll were
- why Tarun says that it was suggested by a crypto lawyer
- what will happen to Ethereum staking after the Shanghai upgrade
- how ETH provides ‘organic yield,’ according to Tarun
- whether staking makes ETH a security
- how a validator on Ethereum got slashed after a $25 million MEV attack
- the drawbacks of how Proof of Stake requires a locked stake, while Proof of Work allows joining and leaving freely
- whether Tarun should cut his hair (yes, this was actually discussed)
- Haseeb Qureshi, managing partner at Dragonfly
- Tarun Chitra, managing partner at Robot Ventures
- Tom Schmidt, general partner at Dragonfly
- Laura Shin, author, and host of Unchained