Welcome to “The Chopping Block” – where crypto insiders Haseeb Qureshi, Tom Schmidt, Robert Leshner, and Tarun Chitra chop it up about the latest news. In this episode, the gang plays “guess the chart” and takes a deep dive into the booming world of Ethereum Layer 2s.
Listen to the episode on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Overcast, Podcast Addict, Pocket Casts, Stitcher, Castbox, Google Podcasts, TuneIn, Amazon Music, or on your favorite podcast platform.
- how much Layer 2s are spending to post data to Ethereum
- whether L2s suck up all the value of ETH
- the challenge of providing a good user experience across multiple rollups
- how the underlying technology of security is not improving but attackers are getting more sophisticated
- whether centralized lending in the industry is dead
- why crypto users still hold stablecoins that yield much lower than Treasury bills
- the new approach to bringing real-world assets and tokenized yields to blockchains
- whether all L2s are running via proof of authority
- whether alternative Layer 1s are dead or are actually more important than ETH L2s
- Haseeb Qureshi, managing partner at Dragonfly
- Robert Leshner, founder of Compound
- Tarun Chitra, managing partner at Robot Ventures
- Tom Schmidt, general partner at Dragonfly