We are looking for a part-time editorial assistant for the Unchained Podcast, which consists of the following:
- A 60-75 minute weekly podcast with host Laura Shin and 1-2 guests. This show is published every Tuesday morning Eastern Time.
- A 45 minute weekly podcast with host Laura Shin and 1 guest, which includes a 20-minute interview and a 10 to 15-minute separately recorded news recap. This show is released every Friday morning Eastern Time.
- A 60 minute bi-weekly podcast called The Chopping Block, a discussion between four early-stage crypto investors, sometimes with a guest. It’s livestreamed on YouTube every other Tuesday and then released on the podcast either the next day or the day after.
Additional duties around other associated media, such as the newsletters, and Laura’s other work.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Report and write the Unchained Daily newsletter, which is published M-F
- Conduct research for and listen in on and suggest questions for the podcast episodes
- Curate and write stories for the weekly news recap, released on Laura’s Bulletin newsletter
- Do the first draft edit of the shows, write the show notes
- Art and web production
- Maintain the writing section of Laura’s author website
- Manage the Discord/premium subscription
- Book guests for the shows and pre-interviews
- Compile and dissect analytics on the performance of the newsletter, podcasts, etc.
- Additional duties around surveys, merchandise shop, NFTs, Laura’s Bulletin newsletter and Laura’s Medium blog, etc.
- Maintain the hello@ and pitches@ email accounts
- Additional help with book(s) and the investigative podcast series with Law&Crime
Qualifications and Skills:
- Knowledge of the crypto space
- News and editorial judgment
- Writing experience, also for radio/broadcast
- Ability to write snappy subject lines, headlines and blurbs
- Copy editing/proofreading skills
- Web production skills
- Video/audio production skills a plus
- Creative, resourceful, persistent self-starter
Please email [email protected] with the subject line “Editorial assistant application” with an email about your interest in the job, your experience and your qualifications, as well as a copy of your resume and some examples of your writing.
Unchained is a twice-weekly podcast and video series by crypto journalist and author Laura Shin. Formerly a senior editor at Forbes, she was the first mainstream journalist to cover crypto full-time, and her podcasts and videos have had more than 15 million downloads and views. Known as “your no-hype resource for all things crypto,” Unchained aims to cover the crypto industry from an objective point of view and in a comprehensive way, touching on everything from technical issues and monetary policy to regulation and culture.