We are looking for a part-time post-production producer for the Unchained Podcast.
This role would edit, mix, master, render and upload to YouTube and LibSyn the following:
- A 60-75 minute weekly podcast with host Laura Shin and 1-2 guests. This show is published every Tuesday morning Eastern Time. Turnaround time is about 48 hours.
- A 45 minute weekly podcast with host Laura Shin and 1 guest, which includes a 20-minute interview and a 10 to 15-minute separately recorded news recap. This show is released every Friday morning Eastern Time. Turnaround time is around 12-24 hours.
- A 60 minute bi-monthly podcast called The Chopping Block, a discussion between four early-stage crypto investors, sometimes with a guest. Turnaround time is around 24-36 hours.
Additional Responsibilities and Duties:
- Video editing using multiple audio and video tracks
- Mixing and mastering audio
- Light graphic work with a program like Photoshop or Canva to create YouTube thumbnails, our social share graphic and formatting headshots for the website
- Formatting show notes and adding to our WordPress website, Libsyn and YouTube
- Creating short clips with subtitles for distribution on social media
Qualifications and Skills:
- Previous podcast, video and newsroom experience
- Ability to turn a Q&A interview that contains vocal fill and occasional interruptions into a seamless and professional podcast and video
- Understanding and knowledge of the crypto industry
- Can work with quick turnaround times, especially on Thursdays
- Can follow details listed in the show notes and in emails
- Will work closely with Laura, her editorial assistant, and the social media manager
Please email [email protected] with the subject line “Producer application” with an email about your interest in the job, your experience and your qualifications, as well as a copy of your resume and some examples of your work.
Unchained is a twice-weekly podcast and video series by crypto journalist and author Laura Shin. Formerly a senior editor at Forbes, she was the first mainstream journalist to cover crypto full-time, and her podcasts and videos have had more than 15 million downloads and views. Known as “your no-hype resource for all things crypto,” Unchained aims to cover the crypto industry from an objective point of view and in a comprehensive way, touching on everything from technical issues and monetary policy to regulation and culture.