Unchained is looking for a reporter to cover all things Bitcoin as we expand from primarily a podcast platform to a newsroom producing articles, videos, newsletters, and more. The ideal reporter would have experience covering every aspect of Bitcoin from technological developments to ETFs to culture wars to on-chain analytics and more.
The Bitcoin reporter should have a strong sense of what the big stories are in Bitcoin at any given moment, and a desire to break news and write exclusives. The goal would be to help extend the Unchained principles of neutrality, accuracy and beginner-friendliness to news and analysis, and grow the Unchained audience beyond the podcast.
Bitcoin reporter job description
- Pitch and write breaking news stories, analysis, and features on all aspects of Bitcoin
- Mine existing sources and develop new ones for scoops and exclusives
- Collaborate with a small team of editors, reporters and freelancers on coverage
- Be active on social media for story ideas and contacts
- Pay attention to analytics to improve traffic and circulation
- Attend industry events to cover news and build sources
- Contribute to utilizing the eight-year archive of Unchained content in current material
Qualifications and Skills:
- 2-3 years covering Bitcoin and the crypto space
- Thorough understanding of cryptocurrency markets and blockchain technology
- Strong network of expert and company/organization sources
- Ability to take feedback well and incorporate it into stories
- Creative, resourceful, persistent self-starter
Please email [email protected] with the subject line “Bitcoin reporter application” with an email about your interest in the job, your experience and your qualifications, as well as a copy of your resume and some examples of your writing and editing.
Unchained is a crypto news website featuring news, educational articles, how-tos, reviews, videos and podcasts founded by crypto journalist and author Laura Shin. Formerly a senior editor at Forbes, she was the first mainstream journalist to cover crypto full-time, and her podcasts and videos have had more than 25 million downloads and views. Known as “your no-hype resource for all things crypto,” Unchained aims to cover the crypto industry from an objective point of view and in a comprehensive way, touching on everything from technical issues and monetary policy to regulation and culture.